Fire at Farmgate Bata showroom
Reported by: UNBconnect
Reported on: May 15, 2012 11:58 pm
Reported in: National
Dhaka, May 15 (UNB) - A fire broke out at the showroom of Bata Shoe Co in the capital`s Farmgate area on Tuesday night. However, no casualty was reported. Firefighters said the fire originated from an electric short-circuit at about 10:05 pm on the first floor of the three-storied building which houses Bata Company`s shoe room, situated at Farmgate intersection near Farmview Supermarket and Hotel Super Star. Locals said they noticed a flame along with thick black smoke billowing out of the first floor and the second floor showroom during an outage at 10:15 pm and informed Fire Service men. Two firefighting units from nearby Lalmatia Fire Station and another one from Phulbaria Fire Service headquarters rushed to spot and put out the fire with the help of locals after one and half hours` of hectic efforts at 11:35 pm. Neither firefighters nor locals could ascertain the losses caused by the fire.
View Full Site