2 night guards electrocuted in Gazipur
Reported by: UNBconnect
Reported on: Jul 02, 2012 05:44 pm
Reported in: National
Gazipur, July 2 (UNB) - Two night guards of a fish encloser died form electrocution at Nagchala village in Kaliakoir upazila on Sunday midnight.
The deceased were identified as Sultan Akand, 55, and his cousin Abdur Rab Akand, 45, hailed from Putiakhali village in Razapur upazila of Jhalakati district. They worked in a fish encloser named Global Energy Limited in Kaliakoir upazila.
Locals said Sultan and Abdur Rab got electrocuted when they came in contact with a live electric wire while trying to repair a tube-well of the fish encloser at midnight.
Their bodies were recovered at about 3pm Monday.