Reported on: July 05, 2012 00:50 AM
Reported in: National
Dhaka, June 4 (UNB) - A fire broke out at Mouchak Market in the capital on Wednesday night.
Quoting shop owners, fire fighters and Khilgaon police said the fire broke out at a crockery shop on the ground floor of the four-storied building at about 9:30am.
Electric short circuit sparked the fire, they said.
On information, six fire-fighting units rushed to the spot and with the help of locals doused the flame.
The crockery shop was gutted and Monihar Jewellers, an adjoining jewellery shop, was partly burned in the fire.