Reported on: July 15, 2012 14:33 PM
Reported in: Lifestyle
Times of India Online
Add life to a lazy Sunday with some delicious brunch recipes.aa
Blueberry cheese cake
300 gms Mascarpone
250 gms Whip cream
1 packet Marie gold biscuits
10 gms Gelatin
150 gms Blueberry sauce
35 gms Castor sugar
- Add 10 ml water in gelatin, put on double boiler. Crush biscuit, mix with butter, set it in the base of the ring mould. Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven, keep it aside to cool down. Whisk cream properly, add melted gelatin, add this mixture to Mascarpone cheese at room temperature.
- Pour the half mixture in the mould over biscuit crust. Spread 50 gm Blueberry on it , add the rest mixture.
- Keep inside refrigerator for one and a half hour to set. Spread remaining blueberry sauce on top. Cut in to desired portion size. Serve cold
Lemon grass coconut prawn spaghetti
130 gms Spaghetti
100 gms Lemon grass coconut sauce
6 Prawns (boiled)
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Crushed black pepper
5 gms Parmesan cheese
- Take spaghetti and boil it in a hot water. Cook till it is al dente. Drain the pasta from the water and cool.
- Take a pan add lemon grass coconut sauce to it add the pasta and prawns to the sauce and toss it. Cook till the pasta is coated well with the sauce. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
For Lemon grass coconut sauce
10 gms oil
10 gms onion
10 gms garlic
10 gms green chilli
10 gms lemon grass (cut into small pieces)
10 gms kaffir lime leaves
20 gms coconut milk powder
20 gms chilli garlic sauce
½ teaspoon salt
- Take oil in a sauce pan when it is hot add onion and garlic and saute till the onion are translucent add green chilli, lemon grass & kaffir lime saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add coconut milk to the pan. Cook again on a low heat add chilli garlic sauce and cook for 10 -12 minutes. Strain the sauce.
Rucola and baby spinach salad
50 gms rocket leaves
50 gms baby spinach leaves
5 gms Artichoke petals
10 gms caramelized walnuts
10 gms orange segments
10 gms feta cheese
15 ml olive oil
Ssalt and black pepper to taste
For the dressing
10 gms orange tang
15 ml maple syrup
5 ml honey
25 ml orange juice
- Tear the rocket and baby spinach leaves.Soak in cold water for 10 mins till crisp and then drain.
- In a bowl add the crisp leaves, artichoke petals, caramelized walnuts and toss gently adding the salt, pepper and the olive oil. -
- For the dressing, reduce the orange juice till it thicken to this add the tang powder, maple syrup and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tossed salad leaves in a large plate. Spoon the dressing over this. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and orange segments.